Sunday, April 3, 2011

In His Majesty's secret service!

On a welcome note, India wins The World Cup 2011, and like all other Indians, am here having a sleepless night, more or less for the same reason. What's that got to do with A Welcome note? Wondering? The answer lies in the previous blogs. I've realized One thing for sure, that I can never be sure. As confusing as it might sound, I can never ever decide on the topic, and the title. That's the worst nightmare! There has to be a lot of effort and wit involved, which obviously would not come if You write it out of boredom. So, I am trying to work on an interesting format for future posts, that is if I feel it worked for this, Sub-posts in one post. Let's try:

World Cup 2011
India is a very rich-cultured country, and am a seeker. Popularly known as "Fool". Nevertheless, that doesn't stop Me from always trying to be different, though it may seem like a worthless Impression Management tactic. Ours is a cricket-crazy nation, there is no doubt about that, and if there is lack of evidence, ways to find out are: Log in on Facebook, Activate BBM on Your Blackberry, or after An India-Pakistan Match see the content in the eyes of people on the streets. Not deviating from the main point, The men in blue, Indian cricket team, won the World Cup with the skipper going for a six on the last ball, for more details refer a Newspaper or look up the repeats on the internet. During the presentation, noticed this man, who rather wanted to be unnoticed, His name was Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Funnily, in spite of being the captain of the team, He just did not want to be seen. After Lifting the cup and giving an unexpectedly small speech, He disappeared, to My horror no one noticed it.. but all I could gather on My mind for the man was Respect! Proving His point with his innings in the finale and the record as the skipper. All I could feel was, Maybe We do not respect the Prime Minister as much as We respect our cricketers, this man deserved another applause for the underplay act off the field. Or all this can just be My interpretations, maybe I too got carried away in the mood of all the crowd around Me, and was looking at it in depth! Anyways, A Very good aggravation for the very existence for this blog post.

Bond
Driving back Home, feeling the streets, head held high, broad smile, I figured that sleep is a distant dream today, will have to find something to satiate My never-ending quest for entertainment. With No expectations, Moments after switching on the Idiot box, "In Her majesty's Secret service" flashed in front of Me, with a little knowledge about the Famous character and the uninterrupted and enjoyable viewing of some films of the brand, I knew it was James Bond. The word "Secret" in the title gave it away. The sense of accomplishment of guessing that was unbeatable. Moving forward, I grabbed a word, or,in better terms, a Term hitherto known only to My ignorance, 'Genealogy'. At late nights, am particularly lazy to look up meanings of words in the dictionary, so I almost threw it back in the boundaries of ignorance, when James Bond, who is on an undercover mission like always, explained it to some other characters. It meant, "the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history" And no, the next few sentences may not seem related, but Pondering over the word, I realized, the lack of depth in everyday life.. The life that we all live, Or rather the convenience that we all stay in, made Me feel content-less. Interesting observations about Life in Mumbai in the modest twenty years of survival,people just believe what is convenient to them. I have this indulgence, of reading about the signs of Zodiac, quite a few friends are aware about it. Zodiac related questions are generally shot at Me, The funniest one always comes with an accompaniment, "By the way, I don't really believe much in this shit, but tell Me more about Scorpio/Aquarius/Capricorn i.e My sign" I generally oblige if they aren't of a sign I am not well-read about, but what I always wonder is... If one doesn't believe in it, why bother asking? Somehow it shows the practicality of people to always keep their options open and change opinions, the main thing is most of us don't even believe on Our beliefs! After this blog, I may forget the desire of depth and believing Your beliefs I talk about, but I will always remember that, Life is Unpredictable, with a certain set of principles and a normal brain, I don't think there's much of a problem. All this, on watching a bond movie in which I am supposed to be at the edge of my seat, craving for more. Yes I am.. Someone please Gift Me a DVD of all The Bond films. I would truly appreciate that.
Weirdly, I have this realization that, what started with a confusion of what should be written, turned out to be a Non-motivating, motivational speech towards the end. This indicates randomness of thought. This post is an expression of this thought, but shouldn't be as long as the Bandra-Worli Sea-Link! So Here is where I would like to sign off!
On the concluding note, Enjoy India's Victory at the World Cup 2011, and watch More Bond.. Men Who Make Men...
With all the gyaan, in the derivation of the word, I felt, If someone ever reads it and tries to implement on betterment, I'd feel I did A Secret Service to His Majesty! Believe in Your Belief!

2 comments:

Zain said...

Superb.. Pure Manish-Material.... Lol.. Honestly i enjoyd readng it...

Unknown said...

Hah.. I suppose, Now I should learn the art of Making Zain-friendly blogs.. You're the only self-confessed reader of My blogs... ;)

Shahid at Kshitij